Hey all! I have been extra busy, which really equates to lazy, LOL, so that's why it has been a minute since the last blog. Last weekend, I went to the ICC, which is where Tarita teaches and lives. I didn't have access to my computer, so I couldn't update ;-)
Anywho, Tarita left not too soon after I got there, to go to Busan, another city in South Korea. One of her friends was having a celebration for their birthday (didn't turn out to be the best time, she says LOL) but I was broke, so I didn't go. I stayed in her room and kicked it with Amber and Nicole, other U of I alums, and we had a barbeque for the Fourth. Sort of. They don't actually have a grill, and only rich people have ovens, so we cooked the chicken in the toaster oven. LOL I seasoned it up good, let it marinate (it is also not even like whole drumsticks or wings, or breasts, it is like chicken pieces, darn near macheted to death LOL). It actually came out good.
I made mac and cheese also, but it was THE MOST concocted recipe in the world. They only had American cheese slices, so it was made with just milk, margarine, and American cheese LOL. The funny part is- it actually tasted kind of good. We weren't too picky anyway, we made do with what we had. Amber made fried green tomatoes, this guy Brandon in their program seasoned up some baked beans, LaBetra boiled the corn, lol. David made the Jungle juice...it turned out to be a fun time. It started monsoon-style raining when we were mid-way through cooking, so we stayed inside, listened to music, and chatted it up.
Later that night, we went to this place called Kevin Bar. There weren't many people, but they love going there to “pre-game” and chill. The bartender is cool, and the DJ plays whatever we ask; if he doesn't have it, he will download it. Pretty cool. The boys (David and Brandon) met us at Kevin bar like an hour after we got there, we were on our way out o go to Cocoon, a club that they frequent. I guess they didn't want to have to pay for another cab ride, cuz they didn't end up coming LOL.
Cocoon was cool...pretty large, and they play all hip hop. Even heard Jeremy (Jeremih) on the speakers..Aww, international;-) But anywho, we were dancing on the stage, I swear anything we did they were feeling too hard. Doing a regular two step, we had an audience. It was fun tho. There were a few stalkers, this one guy followed us around the club, and even was kissing Amber and Nicole on their cheeks. Luckily these 3 cool guys we met cursed him out in Korean, and he left us alone.
There were some other cute foreign guys, had to be some type of middle Eastern or something, but they were THEE mustiest things I have EVER smelled in my life. And they would not leave. Ugh LOL. After the club, we went back to the ICC. Nothing major, Tarita got back like 8am on Sunday morning, told me about her trip..I headed home around 6pm.
My kids are getting used to me, so it is slowly getting better, but Friday I had to kick like 4 kids out of class; they were being disruptive, and I wasn't going to fight or beg or argue. And they got marked absent. Whomp for them lol. Today Stacey was teaching me how to say and write some Korean words. She is a sweetheart, just does nooooot pay attention or behave in class. But I am working on coming up with more interesting teachings and ways to keep those particular kids busy so they cant misbehave.
Nothing much has been happening tho, and my camera was dead, so no pictures, but I will have some soon! Skype me; I wont have my phone until some time next month! lindslove115!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment