Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 4

Good morning loves! Today was an interesting day...It was my first day as a teacher. Fun stuff. I was supposed to be just observing today, but my program director, after teaching just one of 5 classes, left me alone and said she had to run, and would be back in two hours. Needless to say, I taught 4 classes today, alone, and she came back 10 minutes after the final bell.

When my first class got in the room, most were looking at me like “What the heck are you” because their last teacher was blonde haired and blue eyed. Here I come, caramelisious and curly haired as I can be. Sally, one of the cutest children alive, was afraid of me. She just kept looking, and when I waved, she had a puzzled look on her face, then slowly waved back. She was cool by the end of the 45 minute lesson, my friend and all.

Stacey, another cute child, came up to me, and tried to write my name. She wrote hers, then wrote mine, trying to be something close to a teachers pet. Tricked me, because that lil girl was the worst of them all, hitting people, arguing, talking during class...those red highlights in her 7 year old head are not dye, they are her evil streak showing through her pigtails! She wasn't THAT bad, but if I had to pick a trouble student, it would be her.

All of my level 2 (I have a 1, 2,3 and 5 class) boys were playing with Pokemon cards before class, fighting over cards. The funniest thing is when they call me “teacher” because it comes out “t-hechereeee”. Classic.

The teaching went well, time passed quickly. I was nervous at first, but I realized that they didn't know what I was saying anyway lol. Terrible thing to say HA. But the downer of the day was this- I have to take all of my vacation days from July 17th-August 3rd, and I do not get paid for the first time until August 17th. They are doing construction at the school, so the kids cannot have class. They are canceling winter break! They only get a week per “major” season, but now they get 2 weeks in summer, no weeks in winter. Thus, I will not be able to do any extended travels until a year from now, which I guess is fine, I can save money and go on a grand tour. Wanna hit Paris, Spain, Amsterdam, and back to Cabo San Lucas for beach lounging and relaxation. It just throws off my plans of off day grandeur. So weekend trips only. Maybe Japan and China.

Went to dinner with Helen and her Lexus driving boo, who told me he was rich and a doctor, and would pay for my dinner. (Those were some of the few English words he spoke ;-) So we had another form of stew. I was full after small bowl 1, but they made me eat, saying it was good for me and I needed a lot of calories. Low key, I think they were saying that I am fat, so I need to eat to maintain it LOL. But they darn near give us a cauldron of stew, along with kimchee, rice, and 2 or 3 other sides, and they go in on all of it! I couldn't keep up, and they are the skinny ones! LOL. Sorry no pictures today, my camera was dead, but I will add them to tomorrows update! Kisses from Korea!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment